Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR dropping calls

I have had my iPhone XR for about 2 months now and it keeps dropping calls as soon as someone talks. Don’t mater if I call or they call. Now if I turn on airplane mode for about 10 to 15 seconds and sometimes reboot it will work fine for that call and maybe another then it starts dropping calls again. Have talked to Verizon about this once and they were not able to fix the problem. My wife also got a new XR at the same time I did and I has the same type of problems just maybe not as often. I have the newest version of the IOS and it is not telling me that I need to update the carrier settings

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 9, 2019 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2019 11:24 AM

We are having EXACT same problem!!! My husband and I both “upgraded” to iPhone XR in April. We’ve updated SIM cards, gotten new SIM cards, exchanged phones (within the 14day window), erased content and reloaded...everything all the sites recommend and we STILL have this issue. Numerous hours/days being bounced back and forth between Verizon and Apple stores, each saying its the other’s problem. Very frustrating. I’ve been turning mine off, but will try just doing airplane mode.

I’ve been reading that some have it with just Verizon to Verizon, but we have it with ALL calls. Data works fine, just the calls that keep dropping. Not happy with this “upgrade” but we spent too much time troubleshooting that Verizon won’t let us change without significant $$$. My biggest worry is that my phone won’t work in an emergency when I won’t have time to turn off and back on!!!!’

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2019 11:24 AM in response to Gemrick

We are having EXACT same problem!!! My husband and I both “upgraded” to iPhone XR in April. We’ve updated SIM cards, gotten new SIM cards, exchanged phones (within the 14day window), erased content and reloaded...everything all the sites recommend and we STILL have this issue. Numerous hours/days being bounced back and forth between Verizon and Apple stores, each saying its the other’s problem. Very frustrating. I’ve been turning mine off, but will try just doing airplane mode.

I’ve been reading that some have it with just Verizon to Verizon, but we have it with ALL calls. Data works fine, just the calls that keep dropping. Not happy with this “upgrade” but we spent too much time troubleshooting that Verizon won’t let us change without significant $$$. My biggest worry is that my phone won’t work in an emergency when I won’t have time to turn off and back on!!!!’

iPhone XR dropping calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.