Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant get my mail since upgrade saying login failure. I havent changed my password and it wont let me in

I cannot get my mail since installing High Sierra upgrade; I'm getting login failure saying my msn account password is invalid. I've tried my msn password as well as Outlook password and nothing is working. Back in 2010, the me.com always pushed my msn mail to my computer. There is Firevault on this iMac. Suggestions?

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 9, 2019 9:28 PM

3 replies

Apr 10, 2019 12:43 AM in response to BDAqua

I found the solution at 34sp.com...you have to update the IMAP path prefix in Mac Mail when you update to macOS High Sierra to correctly route mail to your program. Choose Mail>Preferences, Next choose Accounts listed in the left hand column. Then click on tab labelled "Server Settings". Then select "Advanced IMAP Settings"...Edit 'IMAP Path Prefix. Enter "/". If you have a button or are asked to save, save. Your mail is now setup and you should be able to see all files that were present in the old system. First close out of mail and you might even have to restart your computer as I had to...as soon as I opened mail, all was well with my account now working as it has for the past 9 years! This took me 5 hours to solve but I got it thanks to this web article. I tried all tactics from other links but this is the only one that worked!

I cant get my mail since upgrade saying login failure. I havent changed my password and it wont let me in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.