Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canadian TV channel apps on Apple TV fourth generation

I’ve been trying to find out which Canadian TV channels have apps on the Apple TV fourth generation. This information it seems to be completely unavailable. It’s driving me buggy. There also doesn’t seem to be anyway to look at the Apple TV App Store unless you have one. Well how can I decide if I want to buy one? There is a page on the Apple website that doesn’t actually say anything. It has pictures. And it shows in the bottom corner logos for City TV, CBC, Global. But all of those networks have iPad apps that you can use to airplay to Apple TV. Is Apple failing to give us an explicit list of TV channels because some of them have apps for Apple TV and some of them don’t? So please 🙏🏼 if anyone has an Apple TV fourth generation in Canada and can tell me if it has all the broadcast TV networks on I would be so very grateful and so relieved. Thank you.

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Apr 12, 2019 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2019 7:48 PM

I figured out how to use the iPad App Store to find out if an app is available on the Apple TV fourth generation! I also discovered that the knowledge network which is British Columbia’s educational Channel has its own app and anybody in Canada can watch the stuff. Useful info for cord cutters. So here it is for anybody else who needs it so they don’t have to tear their hair out like I did.

You go to the App Store and you choose a TV channel app. Tap the three little dots and click on "more by this“. And scroll down

to

Here and it shows you what apps they have for Apple TV fourth generation! I are a genius. 😁

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2019 7:48 PM in response to Poniesinjudah

I figured out how to use the iPad App Store to find out if an app is available on the Apple TV fourth generation! I also discovered that the knowledge network which is British Columbia’s educational Channel has its own app and anybody in Canada can watch the stuff. Useful info for cord cutters. So here it is for anybody else who needs it so they don’t have to tear their hair out like I did.

You go to the App Store and you choose a TV channel app. Tap the three little dots and click on "more by this“. And scroll down

to

Here and it shows you what apps they have for Apple TV fourth generation! I are a genius. 😁

Canadian TV channel apps on Apple TV fourth generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.