Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call problems

Nobody can hear me when I call them.

sound on video and Siri still works.

reset my phone but still nobody can hear me when I call them?!

any ideas?

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 12, 2019 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2019 6:50 AM

First make sure your microphones are all working-->If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support. If any aren't make a genius bar appointment-->Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Once you have excluded that hardware problem, check how you use the phone. There is a small mic hole on the back of the phone near the camera. It is used for noise cancellation when on a call (that's the only time it's used). If it is covered it can make it hard for someone to hear you on the other end of the call. So make sure your case doesn't cover it, and if you have a flip open portfolio style case make sure the flap does not cover the back mic when on a call; let it flap loose, instead.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2019 6:50 AM in response to tariq163

First make sure your microphones are all working-->If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support. If any aren't make a genius bar appointment-->Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Once you have excluded that hardware problem, check how you use the phone. There is a small mic hole on the back of the phone near the camera. It is used for noise cancellation when on a call (that's the only time it's used). If it is covered it can make it hard for someone to hear you on the other end of the call. So make sure your case doesn't cover it, and if you have a flip open portfolio style case make sure the flap does not cover the back mic when on a call; let it flap loose, instead.

Call problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.