Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

received a suspicious email from someone saying it's from the Apps Store

I received an email with an ID Number: 602506 saying someone used my apple ID to purchase Fornite Battle Royale for $45. Which I did not authorize or have any idea who could have done that.

When I clicked on the link and it game me instructions on how to cancel it it asked for my apple ID and PW, which I gave. It then asked me to verify my identity with first and last name, DOB and SSN. Seems you would have all that is I gave the correct ID and password.

I just need to know if this is legit or coming from a hacker?

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 12, 2019 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2019 12:58 PM

That sounds like it was a phishing email. See: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If you gave them your password, the following has instructions on how to change it and has other information that may help: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

received a suspicious email from someone saying it's from the Apps Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.