Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) KERNEL PANIC - "Bridge OS 3.4 (16P4507)", "product" : "iBridge2,7"

Hi there,

I bought a couple of days ago the machine below:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

2,9 GHz Intel Core i9

32 GB DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 20

No particular resources consuming activities, some office software but I use an iMac as destination monitor with original Apple adapter Thunder3 to Thunder2 and I experience the issue once per day, sometimes when I recover from stand-by.

{"caused_by":"macos","macos_version":"Mac OS X 10.14.4 (18E226)","os_version":"Bridge OS 3.4 (16P4507)","macos_system_state":"running","incident_id":".....","timestamp":"2019-04-12 09:53:06.90 +0000","bug_type":"210"}

{

"build" : "Bridge OS 3.4 (16P4507)",

"product" : "iBridge2,7",

"kernel" : "Darwin Kernel Version 18.5.0: Mon Mar 11 20:29:36 PDT 2019; root:xnu-4903.251.3~1\/RELEASE_ARM64_T8010",

"panicString" : "panic(cpu 1 caller 0xfffffff00982dc60): x86 CPU CATERR detected\nDebugger message: panic\nMemory ID: 0x6\nOS version: 16P4507

Does anybody experienced the same issue?

[Edited by Host]

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 12, 2019 12:51 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 12, 2019 1:14 PM in response to hcintegrity

What makes you think it's a bug? Have you tried How to Manually Refresh Touch Bar on MacBook Pro?

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

Apr 12, 2019 2:06 PM in response to Kappy

Hello Kappy,

thank you for your answer but this problem is not related to touch bar and I said is a bug because several persons are experiencing it since July 2018.

If not a bug is surely a very frequent issue.

I've already scheduled an appointment with Genius Bar but reading on line is a problem related to an internal component, the new T2 chip.

Here some users with the same problem:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/2018-macbook-pros-crashing-with-bridge-os-error.2128976/

However I'll let you know what Genius Bar discovers about the issue.

Thank you

Apr 12, 2019 2:29 PM in response to Kappy

That's why I've scheduled an appointment with Genius Bar, because before to give back my Macbook I would like to be sure about the issue.

The problem is experienced only on Macbook Pro and iMac with T2 chips and reading around is not only on "few users".

I'm not trusting nothing else my user experience, once you buy an expensive machine like this I think is normal to be disappointed if crashes continuously.

However I can't wait for tomorrow, I use it for work and I need a fast solution.

Thank you again for your answers, bye.

Apr 14, 2019 5:04 PM in response to hcintegrity

No luck guys, brand new Macbook Pro but Bridge OS again after reconnecting iMac as destination monitor and restore from stand-by .... I think that Apple categorised it as a bug "bug_type":"210"}:

{"caused_by":"macos","macos_version":"Mac OS X 10.14.4 (18E226)","os_version":"Bridge OS 3.4 (16P4507)","macos_system_state":"running","incident_id":"..............","timestamp":"2019-04-14 23:55:38.43 +0000","bug_type":"210"}

Apr 19, 2019 11:27 AM in response to hcintegrity

Hi! I'm having the same problem here with the 2018 macbook pro (i7, Vega 20, 32gb ram). In the last week it has become unbearable the number of times the macbook freezes and restarts automatically. Especially when i'm using Adobe Premiere, the computer start to ta have this problem. In other forums there are people with the same problem.

I only have connected the macbook with charger and my Lacie Hard Drive with thunderbolt 3.

I received some advice from Apple reinstalling Mojave from macOSrecovery. Also sent to trash my Adobe Premiere and made a clean installation again. It seemed that it had been fixed but problem with "Kernel Panic" have returned.

This is complicating my daily work and as you said it's an expensive machine and it's normal to be disappointed.

Let's see what happens!

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) KERNEL PANIC - "Bridge OS 3.4 (16P4507)", "product" : "iBridge2,7"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.