Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to adjust AirPod notifications volume while listening to music?

This has to changed, when a notification comes through I want to rip my AirPods out, it is so loud! Sometimes I get so startled 😱 that I jump out of my skin! Why can’t it just be a soft background noise like when I have used other head or ear phones?!?!

Posted on Apr 12, 2019 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2019 7:01 AM

Hello tarafromprovidence,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with the volume of notifications when using AirPods. To help with this, please go on your iPhone and check the volume settings and if "Change with Buttons" option could be effecting this and test this again. You can also try resetting your AirPods and here are some Apple resources to help with this:

Change iPhone sounds and vibrations

Reset your AirPods

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2019 7:01 AM in response to tarafromprovidence

Hello tarafromprovidence,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with the volume of notifications when using AirPods. To help with this, please go on your iPhone and check the volume settings and if "Change with Buttons" option could be effecting this and test this again. You can also try resetting your AirPods and here are some Apple resources to help with this:

Change iPhone sounds and vibrations

Reset your AirPods

Cheers!

How to adjust AirPod notifications volume while listening to music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.