Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Optimum/Cablevision/Altice email issues linger!

For decades this issue has persisted. What email server settings (incoming and outgoing) do I use to access my @optonline.net email account using Apple Mail (12.4)? Cablevision/Optimum is useless in providing this information. As a matter of fact, Optimum provides the incorrect information, seemingly purposefully.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 13, 2019 8:22 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 13, 2019 9:21 AM in response to ochie629

ochie629 wrote:

For decades this issue has persisted. What email server settings (incoming and outgoing) do I use to access my @optonline.net email account using Apple Mail (12.4)? Cablevision/Optimum is useless in providing this information. As a matter of fact, Optimum provides the incorrect information, seemingly purposefully.

This makes no sense to me. You must have the patience of a saint. Change email providers.

Once you have a new email address with a reliable provider you can log into your Cablevision/Optimum account and have the email forward to an account that works. Phase out of @optonline.net

Apr 13, 2019 9:33 AM in response to leroydouglas

I do not have a choice. I have 22 other email accounts that work fine in Apple Mail. Optimum requires that you use at least one of their email accounts in order to get your monthly bill, make payments and manage your ISP account. Optimum is my only option to receive Internet service at my home. You cannot access your monthly bill, etc. with forwarded email accounts.

Apr 13, 2019 9:38 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Yes. The Optimum webmail interface works fine, but without using Apple Mail, I do not receive any notifications that they have sent me a message requiring my attention. I would have to log in manually on their webmail site in order to check messages, especially for messages that ultimately requires my attention to maintain my internet connection. And, the Optimum webmail web page does not work with Safari. It only works with Chrome, because of recent changes to Safari in 10.14.4.

Optimum/Cablevision/Altice email issues linger!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.