Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sort iTunes playlist in random order - why is this missing as a option?

First I'm an experienced programmer...this is a very easy thing to do in code....

Why apple can I not re order my playlist in random order? better yet the ability to create multiple sub playlist for each root playlist in a different random order? Again this is an easy to do but, lacking...

Before, ITunes a long time ago there was a music player called MusicMatch that did allow you to do this... You could something like so.......

Classic Rock (next to this New Order button)

+ PlayOrder1

+ PlayOrder2

Easy Listening

+ PlayOrder1

+ PlayOrder2

etc........

Thanks,

Gerry

Posted on Apr 13, 2019 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2019 2:34 AM

See Play, repeat, and shuffle music - Apple Support. Since you can always shuffle play a selection perhaps Apple don't feel the need to include a way to generate and save a particular randomised order. Smart playlists can be created that draw on a random subset of tracks that meet the selection criteria.

Apple aren't listening here. Use Feedback - iTunes - Apple to make feature requests.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2019 2:34 AM in response to gviator

See Play, repeat, and shuffle music - Apple Support. Since you can always shuffle play a selection perhaps Apple don't feel the need to include a way to generate and save a particular randomised order. Smart playlists can be created that draw on a random subset of tracks that meet the selection criteria.

Apple aren't listening here. Use Feedback - iTunes - Apple to make feature requests.

tt2

Sort iTunes playlist in random order - why is this missing as a option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.