Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow wifi when bluetooth on

Hi

i have an iphone xr. If i am connected to my router which has 5ghz i have no issues. However i need to use wifi adaptors which use only 2.4 ghz and then if i have bluetooth setting switched on (even if no bluetooth device is connected) my wifi speed is virtually zero. As soon as i switch bluetooth off speed goes back to 30+ mbps. This issue has been reported before butno resolution. I am on ios 12.2. Any ideas ? Thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 13, 2019 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2019 8:03 AM

Hello Professor1999,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand that using a 2.4 GHz connection and Bluetooth at the same time causes the Wi-Fi speeds to drop. You've reached the right place for help.

Both those connections run on the same band and cause wireless interference like this. You can learn more and how to reduce it: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

Have a wonderful day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2019 8:03 AM in response to Professor1999

Hello Professor1999,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand that using a 2.4 GHz connection and Bluetooth at the same time causes the Wi-Fi speeds to drop. You've reached the right place for help.

Both those connections run on the same band and cause wireless interference like this. You can learn more and how to reduce it: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

Have a wonderful day!

Slow wifi when bluetooth on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.