Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need notification for low battery

How can I get my iPhone to send a "noticeable" notification when the battery is low?

Something sonic. Maybe a third party solution?

Sometimes I don't use the phone for a long time and when I open it up, the battery has died.

The only notification I get now is an onscreen message at around 20%. If I don't look at the screen, I don't get the message.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 15, 2019 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2019 9:26 AM

Hi there DaleH,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you’d like to receive a notification for when your iPhone battery gets low when not in use. I’ll be happy to help with this. 

While there is no built-in option for this, there are third-party apps that claim to do what you want. Just search the App Store for ‘Low battery alert’ or ‘battery alert’ and you should find some options.

Also, if your iPhone is completely running out of battery during the day, you can take some steps to help prevent this from happening. One way would be to follow the tips in our Maximizing Battery Performance article. This provides ways to not only improve your iPhone’s day to day life, but the overall lifespan as well:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance

You can also turn on Low Power Mode. When Low Power Mode is on, your iPhone will last longer before you need to charge it, but some features might take longer to update or complete. You can read more about using Low Power Mode here: 

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone

Best wishes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2019 9:26 AM in response to DaleH

Hi there DaleH,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you’d like to receive a notification for when your iPhone battery gets low when not in use. I’ll be happy to help with this. 

While there is no built-in option for this, there are third-party apps that claim to do what you want. Just search the App Store for ‘Low battery alert’ or ‘battery alert’ and you should find some options.

Also, if your iPhone is completely running out of battery during the day, you can take some steps to help prevent this from happening. One way would be to follow the tips in our Maximizing Battery Performance article. This provides ways to not only improve your iPhone’s day to day life, but the overall lifespan as well:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance

You can also turn on Low Power Mode. When Low Power Mode is on, your iPhone will last longer before you need to charge it, but some features might take longer to update or complete. You can read more about using Low Power Mode here: 

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone

Best wishes.

I need notification for low battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.