Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly cannot get email from Google through Mac Mail

I use Apple Mail for my email activity and use it to access my Gmail accounts. The mail has been working fine up until this morning when it suddenly won't access Google after I enter my passwords, it just sits there dormant-like. When I check server settings, it says offline. I am using Sierra and have not had a problem forever until this morning. Anybody else having this issue?

iMac 27", macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 15, 2019 7:46 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 15, 2019 10:57 AM in response to Webbslider

Will it work in the Safe Mode?

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Mail (El Capitan): Mail troubleshooting

Mail (El Capitan): If you can’t receive messages 

Mail (El Capitan): If you can’t send messages

Mail not sending or receiving messages after updating OS X

Suddenly cannot get email from Google through Mac Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.