Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music repeating

Playing stored albums on my iPhone 7 , the first song selected keeps repeating and not not moving to the next one? If there a setting that can be changed? Software issue?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 15, 2019 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2019 12:11 PM

Hi there Musicissue,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand the songs you’re playing are repeating and not playing other songs. I’ll be happy to help with this.

It sounds like the Repeat songs feature is enabled. To turn this off, play a song, playlist, or album, then go to the Now Playing screen and scroll up. From there, tap Repeat until the option is dimmed out and see if it works as expected for you then. You can read more about how to do this in this article:

Play, repeat, and shuffle music

Best wishes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2019 12:11 PM in response to Musicissue

Hi there Musicissue,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand the songs you’re playing are repeating and not playing other songs. I’ll be happy to help with this.

It sounds like the Repeat songs feature is enabled. To turn this off, play a song, playlist, or album, then go to the Now Playing screen and scroll up. From there, tap Repeat until the option is dimmed out and see if it works as expected for you then. You can read more about how to do this in this article:

Play, repeat, and shuffle music

Best wishes.

Music repeating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.