Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'd like to use Find iphone to track my teen's phone. Will my child get a notification about another device tracking the phone?

Can i turn off notifications from Find iphone on my teen's phone.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 15, 2019 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2019 10:26 AM

There is no notification for just tracking.

If you make it play a sound, or lock it, they will get notified.

If you know the Apple ID being used for iCloud and find My iPhone on the child's phone, you can log in to the Find My iPhone app on your Mac or iOS device to track it. No permission required.

Otherwise, you can use Family sharing to track the iPhone, but that does require the other iPhone is set to share its location: Family Sharing - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2019 10:26 AM in response to lilleysch

There is no notification for just tracking.

If you make it play a sound, or lock it, they will get notified.

If you know the Apple ID being used for iCloud and find My iPhone on the child's phone, you can log in to the Find My iPhone app on your Mac or iOS device to track it. No permission required.

Otherwise, you can use Family sharing to track the iPhone, but that does require the other iPhone is set to share its location: Family Sharing - Apple Support

I'd like to use Find iphone to track my teen's phone. Will my child get a notification about another device tracking the phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.