Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with avchd files on Final Cut Pro

Hi,

The avchd files read Final Cut Pro are mute. When I view avchd files in the FCP import window, they are silent. When I select one or more and click on import selection, an error message is displayed: "Import failed Error importing the following plan: ...". I then click on ok and the plan is finally imported but without the sound. This problem has occurred since AVCHD files are no longer played by Quicktime player. When I try to open an avchd video file with QTP, the following message appears: "The document" BDMV "can not be opened Unknown error (1718449215)". If a member of the community has the solution, I will be happy to share it with me. Thank you in advance !

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 15, 2019 9:25 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 15, 2019 10:02 PM in response to Drukpaplouray

Drukpaplouray wrote:

This problem has occurred since AVCHD files are no longer played by Quicktime player.

Exactly which version of the QT player?

There is no global issue with AVCHD files in the FCP X community.

There is possibly an issue on your specific machine.

Knowing more about your Mac system and the where the AVCHD files come from may help sort this.

Al

Apr 16, 2019 2:02 AM in response to Alchroma

Hi Al,

Thank you for your response and clarification requests.

The version of QTP is 10.5

The version of FCP X is 10.4.6

The operating system is Mac Mojave 10.14.4

My machine is a Mac Pro (late 2013) with a processor 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5

AVCHD files come from a Sony camera and are transferred to the computer by an SD card. The problem persists that the files are imported from the SD card or from the computer where I copy them.

Pierrick.

Problem with avchd files on Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.