Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone wont turn back on after it died

i was using my iphone (7) to play music it was on low battery at the time and eventually ran out of charge i got my charger and plugged it in after about 30 minutes i had realised that it didn't turn back on.

If i held the power button it wouldn't show that it was charging or that it needed to be connected to a charger. i left it on charge overnight to see if that did anything but still nothing.

is there a way to fix this without bringing it to a repair shop and if not what is wrong with it and what do i tell the people at the phone repair shop?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 16, 2019 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2019 11:16 PM

Hello there BaileyHeber,

It is very possible that the state of the battery was less that healthy and this is why your device no longer loaded after dying for the last time.

Some key indicators can be:

• It runs very hot unusually.
  • It drains very quickly.
  • The battery is bulging or has pushed your screen out.
  • The battery % display jumps from 1% to 60% or visa versa.

It is probably better that you don't tamper with the device yourself as this could cause some issues with regards to warranty and eligibility for repairs. Contacting Apple Support to get an appointment arranged would be the best thing for you to do.

I hope you get your issue fixed and I'm sorry to hear it was so unexpected.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2019 11:16 PM in response to BaileyHeber

Hello there BaileyHeber,

It is very possible that the state of the battery was less that healthy and this is why your device no longer loaded after dying for the last time.

Some key indicators can be:

• It runs very hot unusually.
  • It drains very quickly.
  • The battery is bulging or has pushed your screen out.
  • The battery % display jumps from 1% to 60% or visa versa.

It is probably better that you don't tamper with the device yourself as this could cause some issues with regards to warranty and eligibility for repairs. Contacting Apple Support to get an appointment arranged would be the best thing for you to do.

I hope you get your issue fixed and I'm sorry to hear it was so unexpected.

My iphone wont turn back on after it died

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.