Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem upgrading to itunes 9.2 on windows vista

Hi,
I'm having problems upgrading to itunes 9.2 on vista. I've upgraded itunes and now each time I try to open itunes, these two messages appear:

The procedure entry point
_CFRunLoopGetWindowsMessageQueueMask could not be located in the dynamic link CoreFoundation.dll.

and:
iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (windows error 127).

So I reinstalled iTunes and It gives me the same two messages when I try to open iTunes.

I have no idea what to do now so please can someone tell me how to reinstall my itunes properly so that I can access my music and more. Help would be appreciated.

Dell XPS M1530, Windows Vista

Posted on Jul 12, 2010 3:57 PM

16 replies

Jul 13, 2010 2:22 PM in response to justblinkin

With that particular combination of error messages, It's most likely that your variety of error 7 is being caused by a damaged Apple Application Support. (iTunes needs a properly functioning AAS in order to work correctly.)

Do you have a a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Vista? (That makes a difference to how we go about attempting to fix this.)

Jul 13, 2010 7:46 PM in response to justblinkin

Many thanks.

We'll try uninstalling/reinstalling both Apple Application Support and iTunes this time around, taking a few other explicit precautions just in case. Best to print off a copy of these instructions, because at one stage of proceedings you won't be able to use a web browser.

Preliminaries

Download and save a fresh copy of the iTunesSetup.exe (installer file) to your Hard drive. (Don't run the install on line, and don't start the uninstall just yet.)

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Quit any recent version of the QuickTime Player, Safari for Windows and/or the MobileMe Control Panel for Windows if you have them installed and open. (They all use Apple Application Support, and may interfere with the AAS uninstall if they are open.)

*Uninstall Phase*

Head into your "Uninstall a program" control panel. Uninstall iTunes. Uninstall Apple Application Support.

(From this point onwards, recent versions of QuickTime, safari and the MobileMe Control panel will not launch, until we get AAS reinstalled by reinstalling iTunes.)

Next we'll remove any left-over program files and folders.

In "Computer" open "Local Disk C:" (or whichever drive you have your program files installed on).
Open the "Program Files" folder.
Right-click on the "iTunes" folder (if it still exists) and select "Delete".
Open the "Common Files" folder.
Open the "Apple" folder.
Right-click on the "Apple Application Support" folder (if it still exists) and select "Delete".
Empty your Recycle Bin.

*Reinstall Phase*

Restart the PC. After the PC restarts do not open any applications. Disconnect from your network and/or the internet. Now switch off all your security software (firewall, antivirus, antispyware).

Now start the reinstall by doubleclicking the iTunesSetup.exe file you downloaded earlier. (This should also reinstall Apple Application Support.)

Reenable all security software prior to reconnecting to your network and/or the internet.

Did the reinstall seem to go through properly? If so, does iTunes launch properly for you now?

Jul 13, 2010 8:39 PM in response to justblinkin

I was just wondering if this procedure will erase all my itunes content for example my music.

No, you should be okay, the default location for iTunes library files and content files is different. That's off in C:\Users\<YourUserAccountName>\Music\iTunes\ on a Vista system. So, assuming your content and the library are in the default locations, the uninstall/reinstall instructions won't touch any of your content.

(That being said, it's still a good idea to have a backup of your content in case of disasters.)

Jul 15, 2010 12:45 PM in response to b noir

I have a new problem. I did everything you said. But when I reinstall iTunes, when the status is at Publishing product information a message pops up saying:

An error occurred during the installation of assembly ‘Microsoft.VC80.CRT,version=”8.0.50727.4053”,type=”win32”,publicKeyToken=”1fc8b 3b9a1e18e3b”,processorArchitecture=”x86”’. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: ox80070246.

So I click ok. Then a window pops up saying that iTunes finished installing so I click finish. I then open iTunes, and this message pops up:

Apple application support was not found.
Apple Application Support is required to run iTunesHelper. Please ininstall iTunes, then reinstall iTunes again.
Error 2(windows error 2)

I don't understand because apple Application was supposed to install with iTunes.

Jul 15, 2010 1:56 PM in response to justblinkin

‘Microsoft.VC80.CRT,version=”8.0.50727.4053”,type=”win32”,publicKeyToken=”1fc8b3 b9a1e18e3b”,processorArchitecture=”x86”’. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: ox80070246.

It never rains, but it pours.

Those ones are generally caused by underlying problems on the PC that can prevent Windows Updates from installing. So my main strategy with them is to try to fix the Windows Update issue. If we can get Windows Updates flowing again, we can generally fix the Apple Application Support installation problem +en passant.+

Head into your Windows Update and try to download new updates. Do some of them fail to install? If so, head into your Update History and doubleclick on the failures. What error message code appears in the little box that comes up? Are they also 80070246s, or some other error message codes?

Jul 17, 2010 2:09 PM in response to justblinkin

Tricky to tell which one of those is at the heart of matters.

So perhaps the first thing to try might be an sfc /scannow:

[How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7|http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833]

Does the scannow work correctly? If not, what error message do you get when trying to run it?

Oct 16, 2010 2:17 AM in response to barneytreadgold

Yes your the admin, but you cant delet the other admin? You can right click on your programm and choose "run as admin", it works fine. If you are a command line junkie like me, and auto have been testing out Windows 7 or Vista… one of the first things you’ll notice is that there is no way to run a command from the run box in “Administrator” mode. Until now.

To try this out, go to the run box and type in something (cmd, for example)

Now instead of hitting the Enter key, use Ctrl+Shift + Enter. You will be prompted with the obnoxious User Account Control dialog… but it will then open up a command prompt in Administrator mode.

Hint: You can use Alt + C to quickly close the User Account Control dialog in Vista, or Alt+Y in Windows 7.

Mar 10, 2012 8:32 PM in response to b noir

I followed everything b noir instructed in his Jul 13, 2010 7:46 PM entry but to no avail. I am currently running Windows 7 32-bit. I have no problems with itunes until i plug in my iphone and try syncing. I tried running diagnostics to determine the problem but it the diagnostic tool says that it passed all the tests (the results of which I had saved in an rtf file).

Here is the error code:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: iTunes.exe

Application Version: 10.6.0.40

Application Timestamp: 4f56cf56

Fault Module Name: objc.dll

Fault Module Version: 1.435.16.11

Fault Module Timestamp: 4ee7d01f

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000085f0

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 13321

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2:

0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4:

0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Problem upgrading to itunes 9.2 on windows vista

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.