Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serious BUG in Mojave!!!

Spotlight missing a lot of files when I search the contents of excel. Especially for search the digital in the files of excel.

If I use 10.13 or lower version for the same excel files, everything is fine.

My device is 2018 mac mini.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 17, 2019 6:45 PM

Similar questions

28 replies

Apr 25, 2019 11:02 AM in response to supwang

Download and run Etrecheck. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Add Text button to include the report in your reply. How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

Apr 22, 2019 5:13 PM in response to Barney-15E

Hi, Barnehy-15E:

Thank you for your reply. I try to create a new "Number" file, then input some digital in the cell. The Spotlight still can not find this file.

I copy all of the files to USB Disk, and these files can be find in Spotlight. But if I add new files or modify some files in the USB Disk. Spotlight will missing these files. (Can't find it anyway, even if I re-build the index.)

Serious BUG in Mojave!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.