Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch not hiding Text Message Alerts when setting phone to Hide Alerts

I have a group text set to Hide Alerts, and y watch is set to mirror phone, however I still receive every single message on my watch, while my phone hides them perfectly. I have reset both the watch and phone. Is there a fix for this, or a bug that needs to addressed? iPhone X OS 12.2 Watch series 2 OS 5.2

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 5

Posted on Apr 18, 2019 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2019 12:55 PM

Good afternoon Jonathan_Sox,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you have chosen to hide alerts for group text messages on your iPhone but you are seeing them on your Apple Watch. Have you tried unpairing your Apple Watch from your iPhone in your troubleshooting?

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Set up your Apple Watch

The resource below explains the different adjustments that can be made to notifications on the Apple Watch even if it is set to mirror the iPhone:

Notifications on your Apple Watch

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2019 12:55 PM in response to Jonathan_Sox

Good afternoon Jonathan_Sox,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you have chosen to hide alerts for group text messages on your iPhone but you are seeing them on your Apple Watch. Have you tried unpairing your Apple Watch from your iPhone in your troubleshooting?

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Set up your Apple Watch

The resource below explains the different adjustments that can be made to notifications on the Apple Watch even if it is set to mirror the iPhone:

Notifications on your Apple Watch

Take care.

Watch not hiding Text Message Alerts when setting phone to Hide Alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.