Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

My wife and I both have individual plans on Apple Music; I want to switch over to family plan. How do I do that?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 19, 2019 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2019 8:54 AM

The Apple Music Family subscription requires setting up Family Sharing, to define the sharing group. One person must take the role of organizer. The organizer invites the others by their Apple ID. The organizer also gets the subscription for the group.

The previous Individual subscriptions will be canceled automatically. The members can keep their previous iCloud Music Library.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2019 8:54 AM in response to Jaime513

The Apple Music Family subscription requires setting up Family Sharing, to define the sharing group. One person must take the role of organizer. The organizer invites the others by their Apple ID. The organizer also gets the subscription for the group.

The previous Individual subscriptions will be canceled automatically. The members can keep their previous iCloud Music Library.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.