Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification Failed: There was an error connecting to the Apple ID Server

I have an iPad that all of a sudden has not let me used any apps and always asks for my Apple ID to make them work. When I plug in the correct Apple ID, the screen pops up saying: “Verification Failed: There was an error connecting to the Apple ID Server”. This happens many times in apps like Netflix, YouTube and Messages. I cannot use my iPad at all. Please help. Thank you!

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 21, 2019 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2019 12:22 PM

Which model iPad and what iOS version are you on? You can try the following suggestions:

Follow These Quick Tips to Fix Apple ID Verification Failed. There was an error in connecting to your Apple ID

• Take a look at Apple’s System Status to ensure Apple Servers aren’t experiencing any issues
  • Check that you’re connected to WiFi
  • Use one Apple ID for all Apple Services or toggle off any services (like FaceTime, Game Center, and Messages App) that use a different Apple ID
  • Set your Date & Time to Set Automatically
  • Restart or force restart your iDevice
  • Try logging out of your Apple ID and then logging back in
  • Turn off any AD or Content Blockers
  • Temporarily disable any VPN

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2019 12:22 PM in response to Adog1112

Which model iPad and what iOS version are you on? You can try the following suggestions:

Follow These Quick Tips to Fix Apple ID Verification Failed. There was an error in connecting to your Apple ID

• Take a look at Apple’s System Status to ensure Apple Servers aren’t experiencing any issues
  • Check that you’re connected to WiFi
  • Use one Apple ID for all Apple Services or toggle off any services (like FaceTime, Game Center, and Messages App) that use a different Apple ID
  • Set your Date & Time to Set Automatically
  • Restart or force restart your iDevice
  • Try logging out of your Apple ID and then logging back in
  • Turn off any AD or Content Blockers
  • Temporarily disable any VPN

Verification Failed: There was an error connecting to the Apple ID Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.