Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ive a MacBook Pro 15 inch 2018 , I upgraded to the latest version of Mojave ie 10.14.4 the battery started to drain overnight this has never happened before. Someone pls give a fix to this issue

Ive a MacBook Pro 15 inch 2018 , I upgraded to the latest version of Mojave ie 10.14.4 the battery started to drain overnight this has never happened before. Someone pls give a fix to this issue

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 22, 2019 12:36 AM

2 replies

Apr 22, 2019 4:07 AM in response to yash296

If you sleep at night, why not just turn off the MacBook Pro, or at minimum, quit all applications and close the lid, so that it sleeps? Regardless of the first sentence, connect it to its charger overnight, so that the battery is fully charged in the morning.

As this is an open user supported community, we are just fellow users. Apple leadership and product teams do not participate here. You have 90 days from date of purchase to use your free Apple phone support, and a year of warranty at an Apple Store, or Apple Authorized Service Center.

If you do run EtreCheck, you can post its output here by using the red circled Note tool:

Apr 22, 2019 3:17 AM in response to yash296

Please run Etrecheck and post its report here.

As a preventive measure, you may want to temporarily disable anything that may interfere with sleeping: turn off "power nap" in System Preferences->Energy Saver->Battery, and switch hibernatemode to 25, using Terminal

sudo pmset hibernatemode 25

enter your password as requested (nothing will appear onscreen) and press enter.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.