Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted pictures from my phone and need to download them from the cloud back into my phone

I can not retrieve the pictures from my cloud back onto my phone.

Posted on Apr 22, 2019 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2019 11:03 AM

If you are using iCloud Photos and you deleted them from the phone, you also deleted them from iCloud and from every other device on which you are using iCloud Photos. That’s how iCloud Photos works. You can check the recently deleted folder in the photos app. If they are in there, you can recover them.

If you are backing up with iCloud and NOT using iCloud Photos, you can restore your backup, assuming that the photos exist in the backup. When you restore a backup, you restore everything in the backup and if your backup is one week old, you are turning the clock back on your device by one week.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2019 11:03 AM in response to Mashby1983

If you are using iCloud Photos and you deleted them from the phone, you also deleted them from iCloud and from every other device on which you are using iCloud Photos. That’s how iCloud Photos works. You can check the recently deleted folder in the photos app. If they are in there, you can recover them.

If you are backing up with iCloud and NOT using iCloud Photos, you can restore your backup, assuming that the photos exist in the backup. When you restore a backup, you restore everything in the backup and if your backup is one week old, you are turning the clock back on your device by one week.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

I deleted pictures from my phone and need to download them from the cloud back into my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.