Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I get a physical card?

I am looking to use Apple Pay Cash in gas stations but I've found many of those convenience services does no have the necessary equipment to use this services. I wonder if I can get a physical debit card for Apple Pay Cash.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 8:53 PM

Josegre wrote:

Hi Fred,
What I am looking to have is a debit card in my hands, not just have this via an app.

I understand that is what you are looking for, but that is not possible with an Apple Pay Cash Card. There is no physical card available, or associated with Apple Pay Cash.

Your only other options are to use whatever Credit/Debit card which is compatible with Apple Pay.

Edit: Apple recently announced: Apple Card - Apple, but that release is still pending. You may find that useful. There is a physical card associated with that service.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2019 8:53 PM in response to Josegre

Josegre wrote:

Hi Fred,
What I am looking to have is a debit card in my hands, not just have this via an app.

I understand that is what you are looking for, but that is not possible with an Apple Pay Cash Card. There is no physical card available, or associated with Apple Pay Cash.

Your only other options are to use whatever Credit/Debit card which is compatible with Apple Pay.

Edit: Apple recently announced: Apple Card - Apple, but that release is still pending. You may find that useful. There is a physical card associated with that service.

Apr 23, 2019 10:56 AM in response to Josegre

Apple Pay Cash is designed to be used in conjunction with Messages. It has only a person-to-person capability. There is no physical card associated with the service.

Apple Pay Cash - Official Apple Support states: "Sending and receiving money is as simple as sending a message. And managing Apple Pay Cash is easy in the Wallet app."

https://applepaycash.greendot.com/termsconditions/ also clarifies the arrangement:

"The Services consist of two separate functions that we will provide unless we otherwise designate a third party to perform any part of those functions: (i) the "Apple Pay Cash Card", which is a virtual payment card that is issued by Bank or another card issuer that we designate; and (ii) the "Funds Transfer Service", which is a service that allows you to: (a) send money to other individuals that are eligible to use the Services and have accepted these Terms (each such person, a "User", and each such transfer, a "P2P Transfer"), (b) load funds onto your Apple Pay Cash Card with a Supported Payment Card (as defined below), and (c) transfer money from your Apple Pay Cash Card to your designated bank account at a U.S. financial institution (a "Bank Transfer"). Each aspect of the Services, including the conditions and limitations on their use, is described in greater detail below...."

can I get a physical card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.