Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot iTunes Encryption Backup as well as Restrictions Passcode

I was trying to move all my data from iPhone 6 to iPhone X through iTunes where i found that “Encrypt iPhone backup” is already enabled and i don’t remember setting it up. So, now when i tried to disable it, it asks me for a password for which i tried all the passwords i have ever kept, but guess what? Still couldn’t crack this one and now i am stuck. So, now when i try to back up the device, it works but to restore it, i need the password which i am unable to reset.

Browsed a bit online and found that if we need to disable the Encrypt password, we need to reset all settings in our iPhone which is indeed asking for Restrictions passcode which again i am unable to crack after 12 failed attempts. So to sum it up, i am completely stuck and there is no way i am able to transfer my data to my new iPhone.

i need help please!

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 5:30 PM

Turn off iTunes backup encryption

To turn off iTunes backup encryption, uncheck the Encrypted backup box in iTunes and enter the password. If you can't remember your password, you have two options:

Backups - encrypted backups in iTunes

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2019 5:30 PM in response to raouf65

Turn off iTunes backup encryption

To turn off iTunes backup encryption, uncheck the Encrypted backup box in iTunes and enter the password. If you can't remember your password, you have two options:

Backups - encrypted backups in iTunes

Forgot iTunes Encryption Backup as well as Restrictions Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.