Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My music doesn’t shuffle my playlist even after I tap shuffle it just repeats song

I tap shuffle but my music still repeats song. Been having this problem for more than 6-8 months

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 24, 2019 11:41 AM

4 replies

Apr 25, 2019 1:11 PM in response to Darylzprincess

Hello Darylzprincess,

I see that you're having trouble getting your music to shuffle on your device. I listen to music on my devices all the time, so I understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help.

Take a look the following article that can help with this. Look at the section about "repeat" and make sure that it is not highlighted in pink on your device.

Play, repeat, and shuffle music

Let me know how this goes.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Apr 27, 2019 5:08 PM in response to Darylzprincess

Many times that the Apple discussion can't find me the answer to solved my question that I'm having. I usually go to the uTube video on the internet and type in the search question to find it. Then a video appears and I watch the video over and over again until all my hand written notes that I need is in my Microsoft document folder and saved it for future uses in my Apple 3-ring binder for future uses. Under the video you are watching then below that you see in 'RED color 'subscribe' then I click on it so the person who made the video can get paid for it.

My music doesn’t shuffle my playlist even after I tap shuffle it just repeats song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.