3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2010 5:50 PM by Jim VanLeeuwen
Rick Wilson Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)
I have most of my passwords saved in keychain on my Mac so when I visit websites I don't have to log in. How can I get these to pass to the iPhone 4? Do I have to log into each website on the iPhone? What if I add a new website on my mac and then resync the iphone? Will I have to go back and log in again on the iphone?

G5 and MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)
  • Jeffery Nunes Level 1 Level 1 (90 points)
    i have the same question. am a long time mac user and just got an iPhone for the 1st time. i know where things are in OSX, but not the iPhoneOS... i searched the iPhone OS4 manual for keychain and didn't find anything.

thanks for any suggestions-
  • Allan Sampson Level 10 Level 10 (123,370 points)
    The iPhone does not support syncing with OS X Keychain access.
  • Jim VanLeeuwen Level 6 Level 6 (18,820 points)
    You can't sync your website logins from your Mac. You have to enter the logins at least once on the iPhone.

You can use Safari's autofill so Safari remembers names and passwords of websites you visit and automatically fills in the information when you revisit the website (unless the website prohibits autofill entry, like some banking sites). See page 85 of iPhone iOS4 User Guide for instructions.

Your iPhone's Keychain is included in the backup (this includes email account passwords, Wi-Fi passwords, and passwords you enter into websites and some other applications. The keychain can only be restored from backup to the same iPhone or iPod touch. If you are restoring to a new device, you will need to fill in these passwords again.) http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766