Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac mini suddenly is unable to send email. It says the SMTP server is off line, although it worked fine until yesterday. My ISP says it is a Mac problem. How do I fix it?

As of yesterday my mini says the SMTP server is off line and I can't send emails. I receive just fine, and also can send on an iphone and ipad. Preferences and setting on all my Mac gear are identical. My ISP says it is a Mac software problem, as I can send emails via their server. How do I fix this?

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 25, 2019 2:37 PM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2019 7:18 AM in response to hcsitas

The issue fixed itself as it has several times before. No idea what happened. After many reboots and deletions of accounts and preference checks, I left it alone. And it suddenly started to work last night. I still think it is an ISP issue. Cox wanted me to sign a $10 a month contract to “address the issue.” Thanks for your help.

My mac mini suddenly is unable to send email. It says the SMTP server is off line, although it worked fine until yesterday. My ISP says it is a Mac problem. How do I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.