Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Booth Countdown -- I like the three second countdown but hate the beeps that accompany it.

So many posts and responses related to the photo booth sounds, and the photo booth countdown over the past decade or more. No responses that I can find that address USING countdown WITHOUT the beeping sound.

Questions about turning off the sounds result in this Answer: System Preferences, Sound, uncheck user interface sound effects. The Problem with this Answer is that it works for the shutter snap sound, but not the beep beep beep of the countdown. I cannot imagine the scenario in which I would want the shutter sound silenced but not mind the loud annoying beeps to continue. And if such scenarios existed, they would be pretty limited I would think. Isn't it more reasonable that the person who wants to silence the shutter ALSO wants to silence the beeps? So I cannot understand why responses to this question don't even acknowledge that the answer is limited to shutter snap and will not silence the beeps.

Questions specifically involving the countdown beeps result in this Answer: Hold down the option key when you "click" the red circle to take your picture. The Problem with this Answer is that doing what is offered as a solution "turns off the beeps" because it disables the countdown entirely. That is, the solution is intended to turn off the countdown. There are no beeps because there is no countdown.

The Question I'm asking is this: I want to use the countdown. It is helpful. But I do not want the beeps. Seems overkill that the only way to quiet the beeps is to disable the helpful tool (why, for instance, should the shutter snap sound be quieted but not the beeps).

[And as an aside, why wouldn't the responses at least mention something like the following: The question you asked was how to turn the photo booth sounds off. Note that the method I'm providing here will turn off the shutter snap sound, but will not quiet the countdown beeps. OR you can quiet the countdown beeps, but to do so you need to disable the countdown entirely.

Apologize for what might be read as annoying tone of a question -- I've just been looking for an answer to a basic question for much too long.

In short: I'd like to use the countdown without the beeps. Can I? If yes, how do I do that?

Thanks so much.

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 25, 2019 2:58 PM

There are no replies.

Photo Booth Countdown -- I like the three second countdown but hate the beeps that accompany it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.