Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using my face ID

Hello, this is Mariya Rashid ****, from Oman. I faced a problem with the ( Face ID ) i mean by that my sister has got different shape of face even features! But the main issue is she can open my iPhone X by using her face not mine 😂.

So, please could you find a solution for me ? What shall i do ?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 11:28 AM

What you describe is almost impossible. As a test lock the phone, then leave the room and see if your sister can unlock it. The camera has a wide field of view, and if you are anywhere that you can see the screen the phone can see your face. And also note that the your face can unlock the screen without your knowing, but won't respond until you swipe up. So when doing this test stand behind the phone when you lock it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2019 11:28 AM in response to Mariya1Rashid

What you describe is almost impossible. As a test lock the phone, then leave the room and see if your sister can unlock it. The camera has a wide field of view, and if you are anywhere that you can see the screen the phone can see your face. And also note that the your face can unlock the screen without your knowing, but won't respond until you swipe up. So when doing this test stand behind the phone when you lock it.

Using my face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.