Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving Contact Photos

How can I save a contact photo, if it is possible at all? I know I could screenshot it, but then the photo won't be as high-definition as before...

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2019 12:29 PM

You may find some of the Contacts photos in your user library.

Check this folder:

~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/Sources/

I found many of my contacts images in subfolders with cryptic names, for example; ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/Sources/08B69644-7EA4-4DEB-BE37-348963B05C68/Images/FA4D5062-9335-4C72-B7CF-369CE4AC7E52.jpeg

To open this folder you could got o the Finders "Go" menu and use the command "Go to Folder". Paste the path to the folder into the text field.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2019 12:29 PM in response to HaotianKong

You may find some of the Contacts photos in your user library.

Check this folder:

~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/Sources/

I found many of my contacts images in subfolders with cryptic names, for example; ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/Sources/08B69644-7EA4-4DEB-BE37-348963B05C68/Images/FA4D5062-9335-4C72-B7CF-369CE4AC7E52.jpeg

To open this folder you could got o the Finders "Go" menu and use the command "Go to Folder". Paste the path to the folder into the text field.

May 8, 2019 2:06 AM in response to HaotianKong

There are two different Library folders. You are looking in the system wide Library folder at the top-level of your startup drive. You need the Library folder in your user home folder to see your own contact photos.

It may still be hidden. If you do not see your user library in your Home folder, click somewhere on your empty Desktop to bring the Finder forward, then use the key combination ⇧⌘L (Shift-command-L) to open the hidden user library. Then navigate to Library > Application Support > AddressBook > Sources

There are many cryptic items in the subfolders of this folders. Look for JPEG images.

You may want to use the search to find images. Once you have Sources open, enter ⌘F and add a search for "Kind > Image".

Saving Contact Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.