Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gen 1 iPad and iCloud login

I have a first generation iPad running iOS5.1.1 when I try to log into my iCloud account it accepts the user name and password , then requests a Recovery Key "Your Recovery Key can be used to verify your identity when you do not have access to a trusted device." and "Enter the Recovery key provided when you enabled two-step verification."

The problem is that I did enable two-step verification on my desktop (running High Sierra 10.13.6) but, I did not/do not remember activating or receiving a Recovery Key. A verification code was not sent to my trusted device. From what I've read on the forum so far, the Recovery key has been replaced by a Verification Code, which the iPad will not accept.

The question is… am I going to be able to log into iCloud on my iPad ever again?

iPad

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 4:15 PM

Thanks for your suggestion and response, however, it seems as though I was/I did upgrade to Two factor Verification at some point on my desktop running High Sierra without realising that this would affect my access to iCloud on my iPad running iOS5.1.1

The option you suggest is not available to me any longer (I can't generate a new Recovery key) and I understand that I cannot turn off Two factor verification and revert to Two Step verification, so where does this leave me in relation to the iPad and iCloud access?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2019 4:15 PM in response to Teddy_B

Thanks for your suggestion and response, however, it seems as though I was/I did upgrade to Two factor Verification at some point on my desktop running High Sierra without realising that this would affect my access to iCloud on my iPad running iOS5.1.1

The option you suggest is not available to me any longer (I can't generate a new Recovery key) and I understand that I cannot turn off Two factor verification and revert to Two Step verification, so where does this leave me in relation to the iPad and iCloud access?

Apr 27, 2019 3:17 PM in response to AndrewK7818

Hello AndrewK7818,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to sign into iCloud on your old iPad. To help with this, please make a new Recovery Key with the steps in the section titled "Where should I keep my Recovery Key?" in this Apple resource:

Two-step verification for Apple ID

Cheers!

Gen 1 iPad and iCloud login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.