Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is It Safe To Use A Bent iPad Pro?

About six months ago, I bought an iPad Pro. 10.5 Inches, 64 GB. It was brand new from the official Apple store.

Now, it's literally bent. It's slightly bent at the part where there's three holes (I don't know what it's called). It's unnoticeable, but if I point it out to someone, they can notice it.

Just today, I took the iPad Pro to the Apple store from which I bought it, and they basically said that I probably sat on it (which I did not) or some really strong external force made it bend (I DON'T REMEMBER DOING ANY SUCH THINGS). So taking it to the Apple store really didn't go well, and now I'm just wondering... Is it still safe to use?

Can I charge it, use it on a regular daily basis just like normal? Is it dangerous if I continue to use it and charge it? Any hazards?

Please let me know. I don't wanna burn down my house ;( that'd be super sad.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 6:11 PM

13 replies

Apr 26, 2019 9:16 PM in response to helpmeimaniphonenoob

Yah,

That iPad Pro is pretty severely bent.

Something very bad happened to that iPad.

Do not use this at all!

I will emphasize and reiterate what rbrylawski stated.

The internal battery inside that iPad could short, expand and eventually, could explode/catch fire!

Standard, free, one year of AppleCare does NOT cover this type of damage.

If you didn't purchase the extended, two-year AppleCare+ warranty the first time you purchased this iPad Pro, you will end up having to pay the out-of-warranty, 60% of the original cost of that iPad Pro for a replacement iPad Pro.

When you purchase a replacement iPad Pro from Apple, ask the Apple Store employee if you can purchase extended, two-year AppleCare+ for that replacement iPad and then purchase it!

If something happens to that replacement iPad Pro, under an extended AppleCare+ warranty plan, another replacement iPad will only cost a small replacement fee of $49 U.S.D., plus tax.

You get one major accidental damage incident, with small repair/replacememt fee per year, for two years!

Best of Luck to You!

Apr 26, 2019 7:35 PM in response to helpmeimaniphonenoob

I should also say this, too. I just turned it on and noticed that the screen has these grayish marks on them, and they're there wherever I tap. It's extremely annoying, but I can still use it if those little marks there, right? Like, they don't mean anything much besides the fact that my iPad is pretty screwed but still usable ?

Is It Safe To Use A Bent iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.