Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repair Photo Library

I repaired my photo library. It says 100% complete. Do I wait for a restart or do it myself?

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 11:35 PM

Photos should open the library automatically after the library has been repaired. It can take a long time before Photos will open, however, if the library is large. As an estimate - theist time I repaired my library with 50000 photos, it took more than an hour after the 100% complete message appeared. and then I had to wait for the new upload to iCloud, which took more than a week.

How large is your library. Why did it need repairing? Did you just upgrade too a new system, if yes, which system is currently installed? if the library is on an external drive and you upgraded to Mojave, external drive may not be compatible, if it is used by Time Machine. ()

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2019 11:35 PM in response to flawlessnyc

Photos should open the library automatically after the library has been repaired. It can take a long time before Photos will open, however, if the library is large. As an estimate - theist time I repaired my library with 50000 photos, it took more than an hour after the 100% complete message appeared. and then I had to wait for the new upload to iCloud, which took more than a week.

How large is your library. Why did it need repairing? Did you just upgrade too a new system, if yes, which system is currently installed? if the library is on an external drive and you upgraded to Mojave, external drive may not be compatible, if it is used by Time Machine. ()

Repair Photo Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.