Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add an Apple Music Song to Playlist

Have Apple Music, like to add a song to one of my iTunes Library self-made playlists. In the past, it has told me to do this I must add all of my library to my iphone. Library-70G, iphone-32G. So what happens, is it not possible? Thank you very much

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 10:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 6:21 AM

Hi gillstory,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with Apple Music today. It sounds like you want to access music you have in an iTunes playlist on your computer in Apple Music.

Have a look at this article: Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music. Since iCloud Music Library will be enabled on all of your devices, the songs will be stored there and not on your device. This will save storage space for you.

Have a fantastic weekend!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2019 6:21 AM in response to gillstory

Hi gillstory,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with Apple Music today. It sounds like you want to access music you have in an iTunes playlist on your computer in Apple Music.

Have a look at this article: Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music. Since iCloud Music Library will be enabled on all of your devices, the songs will be stored there and not on your device. This will save storage space for you.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Apr 28, 2019 2:47 PM in response to rose_10

It's not true that Apple makes some songs disappear if I turn on iCloud, but it does manipulate playlists to the pt that they're but a shadow of what they were prior to turning it on. Whereas I don't want to lose hours of work over years creating my playlists, I'll leave iCloud off. (Unless some genius can tell how to turn it on & leave playlists intact.)

Sarah your answer about space solves that question. (Although I won't test it because of the playlist problem.)

Add an Apple Music Song to Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.