Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini 2018 black screen after sleep

Every once in a while I get a black screen after waking my mac mini up from sleep. I have a 28" Samsung monitor model #U28E590D. The only way to recover is reboot the mini.

Anybody else got this?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 9:31 AM

How are you connected and how long is the cable? I recommend HDMI 2. Then check/set the following:

• Eco saving to OFF
  • Response time to Fastest
  • Off timer to OFF
  • PIP/PBP OFF
  • Game mode OFF

If it works, you can turn game mode on again. If it doesn’t, instead of rebooting, try power cycling the monitor from the OSD to make it come back up again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2019 9:31 AM in response to yobeano

How are you connected and how long is the cable? I recommend HDMI 2. Then check/set the following:

• Eco saving to OFF
  • Response time to Fastest
  • Off timer to OFF
  • PIP/PBP OFF
  • Game mode OFF

If it works, you can turn game mode on again. If it doesn’t, instead of rebooting, try power cycling the monitor from the OSD to make it come back up again.

Apr 27, 2019 10:11 AM in response to hcsitas

I am connected using Thunderbolt 3 on the mini to a displayport input on the monitor. My Eco saving is off, Response time is set to "acceleration" (not sure what that means), off timer is off, PIP/PBP is off and game mode is off.

Like I said it doesn't happen all the time but the next time I will try your suggestion.

Thanks.

Mac mini 2018 black screen after sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.