📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(com.apple.MobileSoftwareUpdate.UpdateBrainService + 103720) [0x100bf5528]

Someone or a group hacked into my 2 iPhone 7 and then my iPhone app and then deleted it all over again and again it was sooo much worse then I had to get my iPhone back to work again and again it won’t even open and then I have to get my backup and it crashes every time and then it comes out like this

apple.MobileSoftwareUpdate.UpdateBrainService","share_with_app_devs":false,"is_first_party":

Command:         com.apple.MobileSoftwareUpdate.UpdateBrainService

Path:            /private/var/db/com.apple.xpc.roleaccountd.staging/com.apple.MobileSoftwareUpdate.UpdateBrainService.16777219.6644146.xpc/com.apple.MobileSoftwareUpdate.UpdateBrainService

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 9:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 8:46 AM

0417newstarts wrote:

Someone or a group hacked into my 2 iPhone 7 and then my iPhone app and then deleted it all over again and again it was sooo much worse then I had to get my iPhone back to work again and again it won’t even open and then I have to get my backup and it crashes every time

This is part of the iOS software and it is nothing that indicates someone hacking or getting into your computer/ or iPhone.

The iOS platform can update itself. Here is an example where it has used up too much CPU time in performing the update. Your truncated crash report, , shows the UpdateBrainService being terminated:

I would suggest you simple restore from backup, restore as new device. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

If you can not restore successfully—take your phone in for service.

That domain nmd.hil-nwkhshx.nyc.wayport.net is an AOL server and may well be on a block list.

Try updating using a different Network if you continure to have issues updating your iPhone iOS

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 28, 2019 8:46 AM in response to 0417newstarts

0417newstarts wrote:

Someone or a group hacked into my 2 iPhone 7 and then my iPhone app and then deleted it all over again and again it was sooo much worse then I had to get my iPhone back to work again and again it won’t even open and then I have to get my backup and it crashes every time

This is part of the iOS software and it is nothing that indicates someone hacking or getting into your computer/ or iPhone.

The iOS platform can update itself. Here is an example where it has used up too much CPU time in performing the update. Your truncated crash report, , shows the UpdateBrainService being terminated:

I would suggest you simple restore from backup, restore as new device. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

If you can not restore successfully—take your phone in for service.

That domain nmd.hil-nwkhshx.nyc.wayport.net is an AOL server and may well be on a block list.

Try updating using a different Network if you continure to have issues updating your iPhone iOS

(com.apple.MobileSoftwareUpdate.UpdateBrainService + 103720) [0x100bf5528]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.