Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update driver for Radeon Pro Vega 64 on iMac Pro?

Adobe Premiere Pro has been crashing. Adobe support says my drivers need to be updated. I have latest software update for Mojave. How do I update Radeon Pro Vega 64 specifically?

iMac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2019 9:29 AM

Only Apple knows for certain, but if there are newer, internally tested Vega 64 drivers that Apple feels are stable enough to update the iMac Pro, then it will include them in a future update. Whether that will be 10.14.5 or a more distant update is Apple knowledge alone. As a fellow user, I cannot speculate about internal Apple product planning.

I guess the real question is what initiated those System crashes, and was it something else in Adobe Premiere Pro than Vega 64 support, or something else unrelated to Premiere Pro.

Feel free to run an EtreCheck assessment of your iMac Pro, and post the results in the Note tool:

EtreCheck will deliberately conceal any privacy information, and is regularly used in these support communities to determine if there are other drivers/software causing interference with normal operating system, and application behavior. On Mojave, if you are given the opportunity to grant EtreCheck full drive access, do so, as it can provide more information than otherwise.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2019 9:29 AM in response to caroling

Only Apple knows for certain, but if there are newer, internally tested Vega 64 drivers that Apple feels are stable enough to update the iMac Pro, then it will include them in a future update. Whether that will be 10.14.5 or a more distant update is Apple knowledge alone. As a fellow user, I cannot speculate about internal Apple product planning.

I guess the real question is what initiated those System crashes, and was it something else in Adobe Premiere Pro than Vega 64 support, or something else unrelated to Premiere Pro.

Feel free to run an EtreCheck assessment of your iMac Pro, and post the results in the Note tool:

EtreCheck will deliberately conceal any privacy information, and is regularly used in these support communities to determine if there are other drivers/software causing interference with normal operating system, and application behavior. On Mojave, if you are given the opportunity to grant EtreCheck full drive access, do so, as it can provide more information than otherwise.

May 1, 2019 9:06 AM in response to caroling

All the software is for Windows: .exe, .dll, etc. I looked at link 1 procedure to change the start up disk in Boot Camp. Argh. It is not clear to me that the drivers would help me on the Mac anyway. It is maddening that I paid over $7,000 for an iMac pro to make life easy and the graphics are difficult. I will try to continue with the Adobe-suggested change from Metal to Software project renderer and see if that is enough to prevent system crashes. If I ever feel desperate enough to submit to Boot Camp, I'll let you know how it goes.

Apr 30, 2019 4:34 PM in response to caroling

caroling wrote:

Adobe Premiere Pro has been crashing. Adobe support says my drivers need to be updated. I have latest software update for Mojave. How do I update Radeon Pro Vega 64 specifically?

See if this is it

Update AMD graphics drivers for Windows in Boot Camp - Apple ...

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/apple-boot-camp

May 1, 2019 7:34 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for these links. I have downloaded something from Link 2 . Link 1 said iMac Pro wasn't supported. Link 2 did have a download for iMac Pro. I had searched the AMD site before this question and did not follow links to Windows and Boot Camp, because I don't use those terms. I'm still confused about it. Up until now, nothing on my computer has indicated those words or described my graphics chipset that way. I will attempt the install to see if it works.

How do I update driver for Radeon Pro Vega 64 on iMac Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.