Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Install OS X Mavericks in 2019

Hello all, let's start with a backstory.

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro. That is irrelevant, but still. It shipped with OS X Lion. I have two partitions on my HDD, one with High Sierra, one with Lion. Okay, now the question.

I am looking to upgrade the Lion partition to Mavericks, because Mavericks has some features I like, such as a working Safari. I was looking around and I cannot find the "Install OS X Mavericks" application on the App Store. Apple's support website only has a link for El Capitan, which leads to the actual question. Where, short of downloading a .dmg from a website, can I find the Mavericks install application?

Regards, Mr. MBP

MacBook Pro 17", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 1, 2019 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2019 8:06 AM

I'm afraid Mavericks is no longer available. You can upgrade your machine to High Sierra (10.13) though I believe you will need to upgrade to El Capitan first from this link:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/os-x-el-capitan/id1147835434?mt=12

Similar questions

3 replies

How to Install OS X Mavericks in 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.