Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Launching Logic Pro removes Montage keyboard as USB input/output sound source

Before launching Logic Pro, I see my Yamaha Montage keyboard as a USB input and output sound source in System Preferences/Sound. As soon as I launch Logic Pro, the Montage drops from both the input source list and the output source list. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks.

Posted on May 1, 2019 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2019 11:32 PM

Never heard of a problem like this (Input sources disappearing after starting Logic) before. Which makes it a challenge.

You see, Logic should not have any impact on whether the OS sees in- and outputs. They are not connected. It is almost as if you say that the tires on your caravan deflate the moment you uncouple it from the car.

Is there a driver for the keyboard and if so, do you have it installed and if so, have you made sure it is the correct version for the Mac OS you are using?

What happens if then you unplug and replug the keyboard after you've launched Logic (or turn it off an on again?).

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2019 11:32 PM in response to Steven Hummel

Never heard of a problem like this (Input sources disappearing after starting Logic) before. Which makes it a challenge.

You see, Logic should not have any impact on whether the OS sees in- and outputs. They are not connected. It is almost as if you say that the tires on your caravan deflate the moment you uncouple it from the car.

Is there a driver for the keyboard and if so, do you have it installed and if so, have you made sure it is the correct version for the Mac OS you are using?

What happens if then you unplug and replug the keyboard after you've launched Logic (or turn it off an on again?).

Launching Logic Pro removes Montage keyboard as USB input/output sound source

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.