Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari - pop up issue.

Hi

Apparently, I am facing AD pop up issues in the safari. Have noticed this after the latest mac update. To be very frank I am not sure that if it has any thing to do with the mac update, but still its when i started noticing these issue.

Multiple Advertisements pop ups even with some legit google search click events or even when browsing via youtube. Can somebody help me to reset the safari the right way. It looks like there is no topics related to "Reset Safari" in the safari Help.

Version 12.1 (14607.1.40.1.4) is the safari version that I am using.

Posted on May 1, 2019 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 12:42 AM

Close pop-up ads

Start by closing any pop-ups that are open.

• If a pop-up on your Mac includes a "Don't show more alerts from this webpage" checkbox, 

select the checkbox before closing the pop-up.

• If a pop-up won't close:

On your Mac, force Safari to close. The next time you open Safari, hold down the Shift key while Safari opens.

This prevents Safari from automatically reopening any windows.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203987

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2019 12:42 AM in response to amalprasad95

Close pop-up ads

Start by closing any pop-ups that are open.

• If a pop-up on your Mac includes a "Don't show more alerts from this webpage" checkbox, 

select the checkbox before closing the pop-up.

• If a pop-up won't close:

On your Mac, force Safari to close. The next time you open Safari, hold down the Shift key while Safari opens.

This prevents Safari from automatically reopening any windows.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203987

May 1, 2019 7:29 PM in response to amalprasad95

Safari – Popup takes over

Safari – Popup takes over (2)

Popup remover – Scam Zapper

If the pop-up reloads, force quit Safari (command - option/alt - esc) and reopen with the shift key held down. If that doesn't work, disconnect from the Internet, go to Safari/History and delete the website. Quit and reopen with the shift key held down. Then reconnect to the Internet.

Safari -Tech support scam pop-ups

You may  have adware/malware installed. Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After running the scans, restart the computer.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

Safari - pop up issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.