Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes Deleted

I changed AppleId’s and was in the process of moving my notes from the iCloud to my iPhone. I went to the recently deleted folder and selected delete all, thinking it would delete all notes in that folder. However, all my notes were deleted. Is there any way to retrieve my notes?

Posted on May 2, 2019 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 5:34 AM

Once you have deleted notes from the recently deleted folder, they are permanently deleted. The only hope of recovering them would be if they were actually being stored in the On my iPhone folder. If they were in that folder and you backup, the Notes should be in the backup. Restoring the backup would restore the notes along with everything else in that backup.

If you were syncing Notes with iCloud, which apparently you were, they are gone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2019 5:34 AM in response to Rencenic

Once you have deleted notes from the recently deleted folder, they are permanently deleted. The only hope of recovering them would be if they were actually being stored in the On my iPhone folder. If they were in that folder and you backup, the Notes should be in the backup. Restoring the backup would restore the notes along with everything else in that backup.

If you were syncing Notes with iCloud, which apparently you were, they are gone.

Notes Deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.