Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes cuts off songs short !!

Hi all,

I am using the latest version of iTunes 12.8.2.3 on a later 2017 MacBook Pro

Annoyingly when a track reaches the middle iTunes cuts off and skip to the next track automatically, and it goes on an on until the end of the album.

Most of my music library are mp3 files, most of the files used to play fine long time ago in earlier versions of iTunes.

Does anyone have any idea why is this happening?

Many Thanks

R

Posted on May 2, 2019 4:02 PM

3 replies

May 3, 2019 12:57 PM in response to Rui Costa

At this point I suggest you report the issue using Feedback - iTunes - Apple. There is a semi-related issue where iTunes is not working well with AAC files that have been created by other software than iTunes. Perhaps it is also applying some strict interpretation of something in the MP3 specification that it had previously ignored. If you were running on Windows I suggest checking with a tool called MP3val, but I'm not aware of a Mac equivalent.

tt2

May 3, 2019 7:32 AM in response to Rui Costa

Select a tracks that finishes early, press CMD+i to Get Info, select the options tab. Do you see a stop time that is less than the expected song duration. If so you could try the script Reset Tracks Start Stop to fix such tracks. If not then I'd check the health of the drive with Disk Utility. I assume we're talking about locally stored content rather than anything in the cloud.

tt2

May 3, 2019 11:27 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for your reply.

I selected the track that cuts off early, pressed CMD+I the stop time was fine matched the duration of the track.

I also selected a different start and stop time to see if iTunes behaved differently, but no the problem persists.

All my mp3 music files are stored locally, and so I had a run into disk utility to check health of my internal SSD drive mounted on my MacBook Pro, the health check was successful and apparently there are any issues in my drive.

Last check that I did,

I just went to my iTunes music folder, found the track that stops early and just pressed the space bar to listen to the track and the finder played a preview of the track with no issues at all until the end.

I don't really have a clue why iTunes behaves like this? It does this with some mp3 files, fortunately not all of them, but is getting more frequent with new mp3 files imported to my iTunes library.

Many Thanks

Rui

iTunes cuts off songs short !!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.