You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Genius Playlist not Functioning on iTunes

As shown in the title.

MacBook, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 3, 2019 5:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2019 8:02 AM

Hello, Collector_Pro.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're having trouble using Genius Playlists on your Mac. I'm happy to provide a few steps to try.

First, double check to make sure that your subscription is active: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Try turning Genius off, restarting your Mac, then turning the feature back on: Use Genius Shuffle, Genius Playlists, or Genius Mixes in iTunes on Mac - Apple Support

Then, try to force quit iTunes on your Mac, to see if the behavior changes the next time you launch: How to force an app to quit on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if these steps help! Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 4, 2019 8:02 AM in response to Collector_Pro

Hello, Collector_Pro.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're having trouble using Genius Playlists on your Mac. I'm happy to provide a few steps to try.

First, double check to make sure that your subscription is active: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Try turning Genius off, restarting your Mac, then turning the feature back on: Use Genius Shuffle, Genius Playlists, or Genius Mixes in iTunes on Mac - Apple Support

Then, try to force quit iTunes on your Mac, to see if the behavior changes the next time you launch: How to force an app to quit on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if these steps help! Take care.

Apple Music Genius Playlist not Functioning on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.