Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old number showing under "reachable at"

So I turned off iMessages and FaceTime on my old phone when I changed carrier and phone numbers. I also logged out of my Apple ID on that old phone. That device no longer appears under my devices, and on Messages/FaceTime settings on my new phone the old number doesn't appear, which is good. However, when I go to Settings>Apple ID>Name, Phone Numbers, Email...The old phone number still appears there under Reachable At. The info bubble says I need to deregister it to remove the number.

Since I already turned off Messages and FaceTime in the settings of the old phone, and that apparently didn't work to deregister the number from my Apple ID, I also tried to have a code sent from the deregister online option but the code isn't going to my new phone number nor my email (old phone number is no longer in service)...so how do I deregister the old number if the code isn't going to my new phone or email?

Posted on May 3, 2019 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2019 6:35 AM

Remove your phone number

If you don't want calls or messages for your iPhone on your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can remove your phone number. There are two ways to do this:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore. 

If you have questions, contact Apple Support.

FaceTime and iMessage - Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2019 6:35 AM in response to ArimiSenpai

Remove your phone number

If you don't want calls or messages for your iPhone on your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can remove your phone number. There are two ways to do this:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore. 

If you have questions, contact Apple Support.

FaceTime and iMessage - Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with

Old number showing under "reachable at"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.