Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't connect to AirPort Express

After setting iTunes on my Mac to sync with my iPhone over wifi, my iPhone will no longer connect to my AirPort Express. It keeps asking for my AirPlay password over and over. I put iTunes back to the original settings, but I still can't connect to Airport Express.

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on May 4, 2019 9:58 AM

6 replies

May 4, 2019 12:25 PM in response to Kluunsi

We will need to know a bit more about your current network configuration with the Express:

1. Which exact model is this Express base station?
  2. Is it the only router in your current network configuration or do you have it configured to join an existing wireless network for AirPlay?
  3. What exactly did you do to set iTunes on your Mac to sync with your iPhone? Are you referring to syncing via iCloud?

May 5, 2019 9:16 AM in response to Kluunsi

It appears the issue is not with your AirPort Express base station or with AirPlay in general, but the settings on your iPhone. Do you currently use a password for AirPlay? That is do the other devices that are able to connect to the Express for AirPlay successfully login in with this password, without having to re-enter it over and over?

iPhone won't connect to AirPort Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.