Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not save excel docs to downlaods folder.

Can not save excel docs to downloads folder. I received an error message that says, "you don't have permission to save in this file

Posted on May 4, 2019 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2019 11:59 AM

I've seen this question a lot and just had a user come to me with this issue. I was able to fix the problem by going to System Preferences > Security/Privacy > Privacy Tab > Full Disk Access. I then added the Excel app to the list and restarted the excel app. issue fixed.

This issue seems to be related to how MacOS Mojave 10.14 sandboxes all third party apps, thus restricting access to the local disk.

Hope this helps!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2019 11:59 AM in response to c_icton

I've seen this question a lot and just had a user come to me with this issue. I was able to fix the problem by going to System Preferences > Security/Privacy > Privacy Tab > Full Disk Access. I then added the Excel app to the list and restarted the excel app. issue fixed.

This issue seems to be related to how MacOS Mojave 10.14 sandboxes all third party apps, thus restricting access to the local disk.

Hope this helps!

Can not save excel docs to downlaods folder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.