Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently deleted phot album empty

I just deleted some photos and my “recently deleted” album has zero photos.

iPad mini 3, iOS 12

Posted on May 4, 2019 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2019 1:55 PM

Yes, if you delete from My Photo Stream, the photos are deleted immediately. My Photo Stream is shown in Photos, but the Photo Stream photos are not part of the Photos Library and not stored in the Camera Roll.

4 replies

May 4, 2019 1:39 PM in response to renafromcolumbia

Photos may not be moved to Recently Deleted, if you are using iCloud Photos and are running out of storage in iCloud. In that case they will be deleted immediately and not saved for recovery.

Or did you perhaps just remove photos from an album instead of deleting them? Removing from an album does not delete the photo. It will stay in the library and the other albums it has been added to.

May 4, 2019 1:50 PM in response to renafromcolumbia

I just deleted some from from”camera roll” and they are in the recently deleted folder. The ones I deleted from “my photo stream” have not shown up in recently deleted. I just upgraded my icloud storage a couple of months ago from 5 to 50gb so there is space there. But I bet it has something to do with icloud..

thanks, I will look there.

Recently deleted phot album empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.