Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime and IMessage won’t activate

Hi, yesterday I went into FaceTime to call a friend and my FaceTime had a loading screen saying “waiting to activate..” I then went into settings to see if I could find the problem but all it said was that It is waiting to activate, The same thing happened to my iMessage (currently not working either) I searched on the internet for solutions and did them all. I turned off my internet turned it back on turned off iMessage and FaceTime for a few minutes and turned them back on. I hard reset my phone and even reset the network settings, I logged out of my iCloud and logged back in twice and it’s still not working.. its nearly 24 hours later and it’s still not fixed. Below I have screenshots of what I’m seeing.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on May 5, 2019 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2019 4:17 AM

Check that you have money on your balance. Contact your carrier.

iMessage and FaceTime are activating through your carrier. And if after all these steps the issue isn't resolved, there's a possibility that problem is on their side, so your phone can't send or receive an international SMS message that is required for activation. And some carriers do charge you for that, this is why I mentioned your balance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2019 4:17 AM in response to jacklyn161

Check that you have money on your balance. Contact your carrier.

iMessage and FaceTime are activating through your carrier. And if after all these steps the issue isn't resolved, there's a possibility that problem is on their side, so your phone can't send or receive an international SMS message that is required for activation. And some carriers do charge you for that, this is why I mentioned your balance.

FaceTime and IMessage won’t activate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.