Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder, Safari won’t open;Blinking screen

i have a MacBook Pro. When I turn it on and sign in, the screen starts blinking. It won’t open Finder or Safari, but I can open Pages, messages etc.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 5, 2019 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2019 7:32 AM

Will it work if you boot into the Safe Mode?

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2019 7:32 AM in response to rphlady

Will it work if you boot into the Safe Mode?

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Finder, Safari won’t open;Blinking screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.